Industry Minister James Moore announced today the participants of the newly created Space Advisory Board. The creation of the Space Advisory Board was one of the recommendations made in the report released by the Aerospace Review committee two years ago.
The members of the Space Advisory Board are:
– General (Retired) Walt Natynczyk, Deputy Minister of Veterans Affairs Canada, former Chief of Defence Staff and former Canadian Space Agency President
– Dr. Mamdouh Shoukri, President and Vice-Chancellor of York University
– Terry Malley, President and CEO of Malley Industries
– Dr. Arlene Ponting, President Emerita of MindFuel, a not-for-profit organization dedicated to inspiring young people’s involvement in science through education
– Lorne Trottier, Co-founder of Matrox Electronic Systems and the Trottier Family Foundation
– Fred George, President and CEO of JLK Global Fund International and Honorary Captain to the Royal Canadian Navy
– John Keating, Director of Sandvine and former CEO of COM DEV
– Colonel Chris Hadfield, retired Canadian astronaut, former Commander of the International Space Station.
More details available here.